Every Monday during 2022, I am posting an update on what I spent for the week as a way of keeping myself accountable for my No/Low Buy Year. Also, in order to see my true savings, I am also tracking items I was tempted to buy but didn’t.
This was supposed to be a no-spend week, with only two items on the list: groceries and my hair cut and color. Well, that didn’t happen.
No excuses. All purchases are self-explanatory.
What I spent March 7 – 13th:
- Groceries: $41.03
- Home Maintenance: $42.38 (filters for vacuum cleaners)
- Gas: $31.31 (Hybrid fill up)
- OTC Meds/Household: $63.42 (Replacement tylenol, advil, benadryl, tissues)
- Hair cut and color: $90 + $10 tip = $100.00
- Clothing/Accessories: $77.00
- Clip for dog collar: $10.60
- Gifts (family birthdays coming up): $107.59
- Eating Out (Ordering in): $30.41
I was able to buy ahead for birthdays in April, and take care of items that were needed for the house. Even though the total seemed high, it actually was well within the budgets I’ve set for each category.
As far as what I ‘almost’ bought, there were several things that caught my eye online. However, they have all been left in carts around the internet. Baby steps.
How was your week?